Slideshow Widget

Kelsie + Austin

Tuesday, January 14, 2014





  A lot of girls, when they meet their future husband, immediately see him as THEE one they could see themselves marrying.  They start dating and over time they become their “best friend”.  I’m not saying that they are not best friends, but our relationship differs in that, we truly were “best friends” BEFORE we dated.  Austin has been my best friend since our sophomore year at Bountiful High School.  And by best friend, I actually mean my “best friend-zoned friend.” Austin heard all my boy drama, watched chick-flicks with me (no cuddling!), and was my go-to guy when I needed some advice.  I admit, I am guilty of being the friend-zoner, he was the friend-zoned.  He was even a friend to me at times when I didn’t deserve his friendship.  He truly is the epitome of what a best friend is and should be.  It wasn’t until I moved home for the summer after my freshman year of college that I realized he was the BEST type of “boyfriend” material.  Our relationship developed quite awkwardly. Holding hands, going on dates (we never knew who should pay!), cuddling during movies… but neither of us confronted the “big elephant in the room.” Everyone, including ourselves, was so confused on what was going on.  Are you dating? Are you not dating? And we always answered, “We don’t know…” It was terrible. Plus we each valued our friendship so much, that even though it was what we BOTH wanted, we were scared to “complicate” things and jeopardize our friendship.  We lived like this for two whole months.  FINALLY, on July 5, 2012, Austin confronted our relationship and said we needed to figure this out. HALLELUJIA!  I would not change one thing about our relationship, or how it was brought to be.  It is the best feeling to have a best friend, but even better, to get to kiss your best friend and know that he loves me unconditionally, as I love him.  J  We are so excited, and cannot wait (I’m the impatient one) to get married this year.  It would be so great to have Kailey capture our wedding day.  Not ONLY because she is a FABULOUS photographer, but also because she knows US.  And we want her to be such an important part of our ultimate leaving the “friend-zone” FAR behind day! 



Want to vote for Kelsie & Austin?

"Like" my Facebook Page (Kailey Rae Photography)
“Share” their individual post on the Kailey Rae Photography Page

****If you only "Like" the Kailey Rae Photography Page, make sure to comment on Kelsie and Austin's link saying you did so or I will not know who you were voting for and it will not count, thank you!****

One Response to “Kelsie + Austin”