Slideshow Widget

Kaitlin + Dakota

Tuesday, January 14, 2014


We have been dating for almost four years now! Our story is a little different than most; we met at the beginning of the summer before our senior year in high school. We have always had some sort of a long-distance relationship. We went to high schools that were 25 minutes apart and continued to date in college. I went to DSU, and he went to SUU. Then, he took a scholarship opportunity and went to play baseball in Montana. Looking back now, I know it was preparing us for what was to come; a mission. After a year together in high school, and then a year of college, he was called to serve and LDS mission in the Guadalajara East Mission. To say I was scared is an incredible understatement. We took every ounce of faith and trust we had, and we battled through those pain-staking hours, weeks, months, and we served each other as we served people around us. Packages, very irregular letters with occasional memory cards, and a Skype call on Christmas and Mother's Day was the hope we held onto. I waited for him as he served those people in Mexico, as well as he served me. Was it the hardest thing we've ever done? Yes. Was it worth every moment when we embraced for the first time in what seemed like an eternity at the airport? Absolutely. Three weeks after his return from his mission, him having a very nerve-racking surgery, and extensive time and effort, he knelt down and asked me a very simple, yet life-changing question: "Will you jump?" He promised to never let me fall if I jumped. Family, friends, and many very happy hearts welcomed us to the party he had planned following the proposal. 
My heart melts every time we make eye contact. We make each other want to be better, and I know that we can and will astonish ourselves in all of the things we accomplish together. 
Please vote for us and our journey together!! We are so grateful for all of the support we constantly receive by so many people. We love you all. 

Want to vote for Kaitlin & Dakota?

"Like" my Facebook Page (Kailey Rae Photography)
“Share” their individual post on the Kailey Rae Photography Page

****If you only "Like" the Kailey Rae Photography Page, make sure to comment on Kaitlin and Dakota's link saying you did so or I will not know who you were voting for and it will not count, thank you!****

Post a Comment